Monday, August 17, 2015

COLTT Reflections

Guest post by
Fabrice Jotterand, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Health Services Administration
Rueckert-Hartman College for Health Professions
Regis University

It was my first time at COLTT and I came back with many ideas but also questions about how to use these various learning technologies. One of the issues in the back of my mind is how to make asynchronous classes more interactive so in some ways I was "shopping" for ideas. Some of the technologies presented provided some hints although I found some presentations very technical. 

Two sessions stood out. One was a plenary presentation that questioned the use of technology in teaching. More precisely the presenter pointed out that sometime we quickly jump to the acquisition to a new technology but we don't know exactly the nature of the problem we are trying to address in the classroom. The second session I very much enjoyed concerned the challenges of cyborg learning (how devices become integrated in our learning experience and its challenges, especially in the clinical context (the two presenters were from CU). 


All in all it was a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment