RHCHP Faculty access will be available shortly
I recently attended a webinar on Respondus Lockdown Browser which was very informative. Respondus Lockdown Browser is a custom browser that prevents students from interacting with other programs and locks them into the exam until they submit it for grading.
- Lockdown browser can be applied to one quiz at a time.
- Lockdown browser setting is located in the Restrictions tab under Security options.
- All settings will be applied to the quiz in the lockdown browser.
- Links can be used in a quiz for students to click on to direct them to a page for viewing. All links, back and forward buttons will be disabled on that page.
- Recommend to give students a practice test before administering an exam. This will give students an opportunity to download the browser and practice taking the exam without having to worry about a grade.
- Students are unable to access the quiz without lockdown browser installed. They will be given a link to download lockdown browser.
- Students can install lockdown browser on their local computer. They are able to install on multiple computers. Internet Explorer must be installed on PC’s and Safari must be installed on Mac’s for lockdown browser to work.
- The menu bar is not available, such as file, edit, back, forward, maximize or minimize. Students are unable to print or right click. Keyboard shortcuts, such as copy/paste, are unavailable.
- If students try to exit during an exam, they will get a warning “You must finish this exam before you exit.” This helps to increase completion rates.
- Screen capture software, such as Snagit, is disabled. Lockdown browser also prevents students from visiting other websites, accessing other applications, such as skype, other instant messaging programs, and browsers.