Guest post by Sally Cordrey, Academic Technology Specialist, Center for Academic Technology, Regis University
The monthly meeting for May 2014 of the eLearning Consortium of Colorado was held at Denver University.
Institutional reportsDU: Kathy, Paul, Molly, Kim
- Going from eCollege to Canvas;
- Molly uses Adobe Connect for affiliate faculty training;
- 3 people managing chat,
- 1 hour session comparing old LMS and new LMS, 8 sessions for affiliate faculty, very successful.
- TOW – teach online workshop, 3-week online course for DU faculty.
- Faculty work on their courses while in the workshop
- CSU has joined the Unizincoop of major universities, going from Blackboard to Canvas, http://mfeldstein.com/unizin-indiana-universitys-secret-new-learning-ecosystem-coalition/
- CSU has 3400-4500 course sections
- Master Gardner program available as open badge certificate series
- South Denver campus is offering courses at CH2M Hill. Wants to hire two DTC-area, computer-savvy students to go there and set up for class every week, computer and A/V. $18/hr. 4-5 hours one night a week.
- Training available to be ready for Fall semester.
- Contact Al Powell, 970.419.1129, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheryl will replace Jean Otte as Director, Online Learning.
- They have two ID positions open.
- UCD uses Canvas and loves it. Offers 10-week faculty training online, not mandatory but paid;
- Offers faculty training on Fridays when faculty typically are more available, with lunch, several times a year.
- They offer an all-day faculty development workshop right after semester is over, determined timing is good for faculty.
- Next meeting in June hosted by Colorado Mountain College, date and location at a CMC campus TBD
- Professional Development day with Metro will be in the fall
- Annual Report is online, http://elearningcolorado.org/wordpress/annual-report/ . Some of the questions asked on a survey to members were,
- Faculty training requirements
- Describe faculty development model for distance instructors
- What LMS do you use? (52% responded - D2L)
- What lecture capture system
- Growth rate of online courses
- Challenges and successes.
- Participating institutions: Colorado State University, Emily Griffith Technical College, University of Denver, Johnson & Wales University, Colorado Christian University, Ashford University, Pueblo CC, Pikes Peak CC, Aims CC, Colorado Mountain College, MSU Denver, Regis University, Red Rocks CC, Arapahoe CC, Colorado Community College System, CC of Denver, University of Northern Colorado, Front Range CC.