Just-In-Time Teaching A Strategy For Success
- Helps ensure students prepare for class.
- Increases Engagement
- 70% of students admitted that sometimes they don't purchase the textbook in one study
- Pre-Class assignments are called Warm-Ups.
- Instructor has to read through responses prior to class and taylor the class to the responses.
Enhancing Student's Achievement by Interactive Virtual Learning Environment
- Research in progress, no results yet. Online Education, and Interactive Learning, Computer related courses.
- A VLE allows interaction and knowledge sharing while expanding boundaries.
- Skills Assessment Manager (SAM) is a software to help with student learning, engagement, perceived learning, academic achievement.
Zap! (tion) Making Video Valuable
- There are one button studios, and everyone is using videos, but we don't know what we can do with video.
- Zaption allows you to make all videos interactive by adding text, quizzes, comments/discussions. You can draw on the video. It integrates with an LMS, with Canvas grades can be pushed straight to the gradebook, this doesn't work so well in D2L. Integrates with Kaltura.
Toolbox Tips for Innovative Online Engagement: The Online Instructor as Social Director
- Group Brainstormed:
- Challenges - technology issues, getting to know the students, creating community, retention
- Successes - learn technology, focus on outcomes, hear from all students, equity in the classroom.
- Model - Community of Inquiry is worth looking at.
- Social Director - getting students engaged. She addresses good nutrition, have a stress ball, door hanger to say do not disturb, spend an allotted amount of time, paddle ball to unfocus on computer screen.