Monday, November 1, 2010

Where do good ideas come from?

I stumbled upon something interesting today.... (something you'll hear me say a lot)
I think it is worth noting exactly how I stumbled upon this.  Whenever I have a moment or two during my day I like to take a look at my Delicious (social bookmarking) site and investigate what my network is bookmarking. This is where I found this link to a YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NugRZGDbPFU 
"Where do Good Ideas Come From?" by Steven Johnson. It is a topic worth pondering and certainly Mr. Johnson provides some visual insight. 

The video would lead me to wonder how I might express my 'hunches' and match them up with other people's hunches to make a good idea actually happen. Perhaps hosting the "Big Hunch Conference in Higher Education," where it would be more than just a sit and listen to brilliant people talk about the big ideas that they executed. This would be different. It would be a series of round tables, networking and discussions that would gather folks with similar 'hunches' and 'ideas' to help foster those connections.

I don't know. Just a hunch I have. Post a comment to this blog post if you have any thoughts, comments or hunches you'd like to share.
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment