Nicole Marcisz, Instructional Designer, ID&T
Desktop version for Windows, OS X
- Free (full featured but limited to 10 Popplets)
- $3/month (full featured with unlimited Popplets)
- $30/year (full featured with unlimited Popplets)
- Free (full featured but limited to creation of one Popplet at a time)
- $4.99 (full featured with unlimited Popplets)
Popplet is a mindmapping tool that uses images and video. Popplets can be collaborative and shared in a variety of formats including PDF and JPG. Media can be pulled from Flickr, Vimeo, YouTube or your local computer.
• Exploration of ideas through brainstorming and mindmapping.
• Plan projects using diagrams and process charts.
• Record thoughts with journals, notes, and lists.
• Collect inspiration such as mood boards, scrapbooks, and travel plans.
• Create galleries of photo albums, portfolios, or presentations.
• Create study aids of school projects or class notes.
• Create and share topic mind maps.
• Create self-concept maps using images and video.
• Map a path to a goal.
• Create a timeline.
An easy and inexpensive tool for the creation of visually appealing concept maps.
• Popplet website
• Poppletrocks (examples from the Popplet blog)